- Kuingia na silaha na kufanya uvamizi katika chombo cha habari ni kukiuka...
- Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) officials recently inspected two Kiliman...
- Baraza la Habari Tanzania (MCT) kwa kushirikiana na washirika wake, lime...
- KESI iliyofunguliwa na Umoja wa Klabu za Waandishi wa Habari Tanzania (U...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), and a coalition of human rights org...
- The Minister Counsellor of Embassy of China, Mr. Gou Haodong has shared ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) held its 18th National General Conve...
- Trends of recorded press freedom violation incidents in 2015 shows that ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania has released the full monitoring report th...
- Frank Bahati of TBC1 scooped the overall winner Award of the seventh edi...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
The Third East Africa Media Awards Competition is on and entries should be submitted between Ist
September to 30 September, 3013.
A statement issued at the end of preparatory meeting for the East African Media Summit held in Kamapla on August 14, 2013 says that the organizers, the East Africa Business Council and the panel of judges will decide on the need for extension of the closing date.
The Uganda Minister of State for East African Community Affairs and chairperson of East African Council of Ministers launched the EAC Media Award Competition.
He commended the EAC Secretariat and East African Business Council for the good work and initiative in engaging the media in the regional integration process.
The competition consists eight categories which are:-
- EABC Chairman’s Award (business Reporting)
The Chairman’s Award is given for the best news or feature story that highlights the state of EAC business climate with an eye on improving the investment environment.
- Green Award (Environment Reporting)
The Green Award seeks to reward informed coverage that draws attention to the key environmental issues that have a regional bearing.
- Best Reporter (Photography Reporting)
An Award for a news or feature story n or series of pictures covering East Africa integration especially for reportage focusing on assessing the regions progress.
- Best Reporter (Political Integration)
An Award for news or feature story covering the EAC peace, security and political spheres and examining how these are influencing or are likely to influence the pursuit for East African political Integration.
- Best Reporter (Agriculture and Food Security Reporting)
An Award for news or feature story covering the critical subject of agriculture and food security particularly critiquing where the region is and how it can enhance these two aspects.
- Best Reporter (Higher Education Reporting)
An Award for a news or feature story covering higher education reported from a regional perspective.
- Best Reporter (Health Reporting)
An award for a news or feature story covering the health sector and is reported from a regional perspective.
- EAC Secretary General’s Award (Overall Winner)
The secretary General Award is the ultimate prize on offer at the annual East African Media Awards. It goes to the best entry of all entries submitted across the different categories.
The Executive Secretary of the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) Kajubi Mukajanga has made a passionate appeal to journalists in Tanzania to participate in the competition.
He said that entries in any other language other than English should be submitted with an English translation.
He said last year Tanzanian journalist Zephania Ubwani emerged winner in the Best Reporter (Political integration) category.
Tanzania’s reputed columnist and d publisher, Jenerali Ulimwengu has been picked in judging panel of the competition.
Other judges are Prof. Goretti Nassanga of Uganda, Prof. Levi Obonyo, Kenya, James Munyaneza Rwanda and Chanel Nsambibona of Burundi.
- No feeds found!