- Florence Majani of Mwananchi newspaper has emerged the overall winner of...
- The Excellence Journalism Awards Tanzania (EJAT) 2016 whose gala night i...
- Here are EJAT 2016 Nominees ...
- The Executive Secretary of Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), Kajubi Mukaj...
- Veteran journalist and renowned columnist in the country and the East Af...
- The chairperson of the organising Committee of the Excellence in Journal...
- The Governing Board of the Media Council of Tanzania held a one-da...
- The nominees for the Excellence in Journalism Award Tanzania (EJAT) will...
- An international organization - Internews and the Media Council of Tanza...
- The joint action by the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) and media stakeh...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
The Third East Africa Media Awards Competition is on and entries should be submitted between Ist
September to 30 September, 3013.
A statement issued at the end of preparatory meeting for the East African Media Summit held in Kamapla on August 14, 2013 says that the organizers, the East Africa Business Council and the panel of judges will decide on the need for extension of the closing date.
The Uganda Minister of State for East African Community Affairs and chairperson of East African Council of Ministers launched the EAC Media Award Competition.
He commended the EAC Secretariat and East African Business Council for the good work and initiative in engaging the media in the regional integration process.
The competition consists eight categories which are:-
- EABC Chairman’s Award (business Reporting)
The Chairman’s Award is given for the best news or feature story that highlights the state of EAC business climate with an eye on improving the investment environment.
- Green Award (Environment Reporting)
The Green Award seeks to reward informed coverage that draws attention to the key environmental issues that have a regional bearing.
- Best Reporter (Photography Reporting)
An Award for a news or feature story n or series of pictures covering East Africa integration especially for reportage focusing on assessing the regions progress.
- Best Reporter (Political Integration)
An Award for news or feature story covering the EAC peace, security and political spheres and examining how these are influencing or are likely to influence the pursuit for East African political Integration.
- Best Reporter (Agriculture and Food Security Reporting)
An Award for news or feature story covering the critical subject of agriculture and food security particularly critiquing where the region is and how it can enhance these two aspects.
- Best Reporter (Higher Education Reporting)
An Award for a news or feature story covering higher education reported from a regional perspective.
- Best Reporter (Health Reporting)
An award for a news or feature story covering the health sector and is reported from a regional perspective.
- EAC Secretary General’s Award (Overall Winner)
The secretary General Award is the ultimate prize on offer at the annual East African Media Awards. It goes to the best entry of all entries submitted across the different categories.
The Executive Secretary of the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) Kajubi Mukajanga has made a passionate appeal to journalists in Tanzania to participate in the competition.
He said that entries in any other language other than English should be submitted with an English translation.
He said last year Tanzanian journalist Zephania Ubwani emerged winner in the Best Reporter (Political integration) category.
Tanzania’s reputed columnist and d publisher, Jenerali Ulimwengu has been picked in judging panel of the competition.
Other judges are Prof. Goretti Nassanga of Uganda, Prof. Levi Obonyo, Kenya, James Munyaneza Rwanda and Chanel Nsambibona of Burundi.
- No feeds found!