- Florence Majani of Mwananchi newspaper has emerged the overall winner of...
- The Excellence Journalism Awards Tanzania (EJAT) 2016 whose gala night i...
- Here are EJAT 2016 Nominees ...
- The Executive Secretary of Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), Kajubi Mukaj...
- Veteran journalist and renowned columnist in the country and the East Af...
- The chairperson of the organising Committee of the Excellence in Journal...
- The Governing Board of the Media Council of Tanzania held a one-da...
- The nominees for the Excellence in Journalism Award Tanzania (EJAT) will...
- An international organization - Internews and the Media Council of Tanza...
- The joint action by the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) and media stakeh...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
.Winners to shine in glory with trophies
. Justice Nsekela to grace the occasion
.400 guests invited for ceremony
This Friday March 14, 2014 is the climax for the Excellency in Journalism Awards Tanzania for 2013 (EJAT).
Hundred and one nominees of the event will know who among them will emerge winners and take the coveted trophies, prizes and certificates and who will end with certificates only.
Forty two dignitaries will present the awards to the winners and certificates at the Gala Night to be held at the Mlimani City Hall, in Dar es Salaam.
There are 19 categories and winners will be awarded from Print, Radio and Television for each category.
For the overall winner, apart from the trophy and prizes – he/she will also receive a scholarship to pursue studies provided by the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) which is the lead partner of the EJAT organizing committee.
During the event a media practitioner who has made tremendous achievement in the profession will be awarded the Lifetime Achievement in Journalist Award (LAJA).
The LAJA winner in addition to trophy and certificate will be awarded TZS 10 million.
According to the Acting Executive Secretary of MCT, Pili Mtambalike, preparations for the event have been completed.
The official guest is the President of the East African Court of Justice, Justice Harold Nsekela.
Four hundred guests have been invited for the event which is held once every year to honour journalists for outstanding performance.
The invitees include journalists, editors, stakeholders, and development partners, sponsors of the event and government officials.
The ceremonies will be coloured by Wane Star Group with performances in traditional dances and acrobatics.
This is the fifth time the event is held since the competition was started in 2009. For the Lifetime Achievement in Journalism Award, this is the third time it is presented.
This is the second time the EJAT ceremony is held at Mlimani City Hall. The First event was held at the former MovenPick Hotel now Serena in 2009 and in 2010 it was held at Mlimani City and in 2011 and 2012 at the Diamond Jubilee Hall.
Other members of the EJAT organizing patners are Tanzania, Media Fund (TMF), Tanzania Editors Forum (TEF), Association of Journalists Against Aids (AJAAT), Tanzania Sports Writers Association (TASWA), Media Owners of Tanzania (MOAT) Media Institute of Southern Africa -Tanzania Chapter (MISA-Tan), John Hopkins University, HakiElimu, Tanzania Media Women’s Association (TAMWA), AMREF, ANSAF, BEST-AC and Sikika
- No feeds found!